CTM, EAZFIX, CTM, etc. users with USB keyboards!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I just spoke with Logitech support and according to them, the keyboard has a low priority in the boot order as do the USB ports, which are not immediately powered, as opposed to PS/2 which has power all of the time. I find it hard to believe that this can't be rectified, since IMO there are now more USB boards sold than PS/2 and this prevents one from even booting into Safe Mode or the BIOS. How have you configured your desktop PCs to enter recovery at boot? Thank you!

2. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Have you enabled "Legacy USB Keyboard Support" in BIOS?

If not, try to enable it and test again.

3. ratchet

Thank you for the reply! As I've searched I also see some BIOS have an enable/disable USB Keyboard. I', not sure whether mine has it and if it is disabled yet the KB's working, that would suggest I may just have to enable that too. It was also suggested to just move "Boot from USB device" to the top of the boot order. I'll find one of my PS/2 boards over the weekend and check it out. Indeed, I can't get in with this board. Thank you!

4. ratchet

Well I got antsy tonight, plugged in a PS/2 and entered the BIOS. My Dell, Pent4 is just to old (like six years). There wasn't a USB boot option nor any keyboard options. I'll always have the PS/2 board nearby so I'll just plug it in should disaster strike. Not giving up the illuminated board as these eyes are just to old!

5. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

6. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

I'm using a MS wireless keyboard which uses a USB connection for the radio receiver. I've had no trouble getting into the Rollback Rx recovery console. I didn't change any settings in BIOS when I started using this keyboard.

7. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Same here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.