ctfmon.exe asking for global hook

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by jim28277, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim28277

jim28277 Registered Member

PG has routinely denied ctfmon.exe global hooks. I often saw the alert but never felt that ctfmon needed hooks so I continued to deny hooks to this program. Last week, I upgraded Firefox to version 1.5 and since that time, I have encountered intermitent problems with Firefox accessing the internet. The problem is intermitent and does not happen all the time. I can usually correct the problem by closing firefox and restarting it (sometimes 2 or 3 times). This morning, I allowed global hooks for CTFMON.exe and the problem I was having with FF seems to have gone away. I can't see how CTFMON has any effect on Firefox but I'm guessing there must be some connection. Has anyone else encountered this issue.

2. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Do you actually need Ctfmon.exe (for the Microsoft Office Language Bar and/or the Alternative User Input TIP) or do you wish to stop it from running? (Obviously, no Ctfmon.exe running, no Global Hook problem).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.