CryptoSuite vs Cypherus

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Stoney, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Guest

Would like to see comments on a comparison of these 2 products as I am in the market.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Stoney and welcome!
    Except for the price $10 lower and extra security and the chat option and more if you look at the features .....

CS is so brandnew, could not find more then one review at the moment http://www.pilliwinks.net/ and in the meantime more features have been added, as you can see in the CS forum overhere at Wilders and at the CS website .

So a comparison is hard to find, leaving that to the tech guys.

With the technical explanation of those who really know, might be a very good idea to try both on your own system which you like most for yourself in the usage.
    It has been named the strongest encryption product there is in the market.

What i like myself it is one of the many DiamondCS products which i really love and might add to each other's functionality if possible - at least they all work very fine together filling one by one the gaps and security holes.
    The beta testing is a real joy for brains and is still going on for future releases with very nice new wishes fulfilled.

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Well the one major feature I see Cypherus has over CryptoSuite is its email support, whereas CryptoSuite has, checksumming, secure instant messaging and a benchmark over Cypherus. CryptoSuite also uses two well known encryption algorithms (Rijndael and Twofish) instead of Cypherus's one which is Blowfish. Another issue with their email support is the fact that it doesn't seem to integrate/work with existing PGP users which is a major downside to having any email support in my opinion.

Then you could also compare the price and resource usage. CryptoSuite's setup is 953KB as of v1.050, there installer is 7.1MB . Considering CryptoSuite does have more features, one can only guess what that extra size is for. CryptoSuite sells for $39.95 (less for students) compared to their $49.95.

Finally while it is nice to see more crypto companies having discussion forums, no good if you don't help your potential/existing users. :)

http://www.cypherus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=31&forum=5&1

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.