CryptoSuite v1.000 Released!!

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Jason_R0, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

http://www.cryptosuite.com or
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/cryptosuite/

CryptoSuite is a cryptography/security/privacy application for Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003. It has been in beta testing for over 3 months and should be extremely stable and reliable.

Please post your thoughts, suggestions, etc. CryptoSuite has not compromised time spent on the upcoming TDS-4 as it has been made in my spare-time over the last year.

Help us spread the word of its release, thankyou!

-DiamondCS Team-

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Re:DiamondCS CryptoSuite v1.000 Released!!

Congratulations Jason and DCS team! A real winner and very enjoyable!

3. Unzy

Unzy Registered Member

Agreed!

Good job :)

I'll help spreading the word

Cheers,

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

If any members - not guests please - wish to test CS Chat trial or full version please email me as I have usually at least one chat server runninig.

So far during testing we (beta testers) have clocked up over 1600 hours :)

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Congrats Jason ! [​IMG]

Just ordered it :)

Of course I'm looking forward to the checksum features ;)

OK, here comes the first question (eh, I admit it, a bit strange question :rolleyes: ):
    You can chat through CryptoSuite in a secure way.
    When you place your order via ClickBank, then at the end of the order-process you come back at the DCS-site where you have to register; there you have to give your full name for the licence.
    My question is now this:
    Does CryptoSuite use that name for your chatting, or gives it you the possibility to choose an Alias (like FanJ for example) for chatting?
    As I said, it is a little bit strange question, because you may assume that you only chat in such a secure way with someone you trust, but nevertheless....
    If it uses that same name (which you gave during the registration-process), is it then allowed to give an alias for the registration-licence?
    Well, I hope you understand my question ;)

Cheers, Jan.

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

CS Chat trial ...?? Pilli, could you explain a bit more about what this is about? Is it a chat program within the CryptoSuite program?

Jason - The CryptoSuite looks interesting, and i know if you made it then it's gotta be good!! (yep...gotta try it)

regards,

snap

7. snapdragin

LOL Hey Jan! We must have been thinking, or rather, wondering the same things at the same time! :D

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

LOL Hey Snap :D :D

9. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Guys, The Chat client or server can change their Nick's at will , when you join as a client your IP is shown & your chosen Nick

There is no chance of the chat being compromised once established. If you only exchange your Chat server info with your friends, family or co-workers providing, of course, that you take your normal considered security precautions you will be safe.

HTH Pilli

EDIT: Wayne beat me to it: He caught himself talking to himself by the look of it.:)

11. snapdragin

oooooooooo...this looks GREAT!! oh yes! :D :D

Thank you Jason and the DiamondCS Team and Beta Testers! (i bet this was a fun program to test) :D

12. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks Wayne and Alan :)

13. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi guys, thanks for your very kind words. The chat part of CryptoSuite will be undergoing a lot of changes over the next few versions, to add features like an encrypted drawing board and some other things I don't want to discuss at this stage. The beta testers know of some future features we have discussed and they all like them.

I will also probably be adding demo "hosting" support in a limited way. At the moment you need a registered user to host a server, a registered server can accept demo clients and registered clients. This will probably change to allow demo people to host other demo people, or something along those lines.

You can discuss any additions you want to be made to CryptoSuite here too, because I am very open to what people want/need in an encryption program.

Have fun.

-Jason-

14. ragu

ragu Guest

Very nice!!! You never cease to amaze me with the products you put out.

I do have one question concerning Cryptosuite. Other than the obvious difference in checksumming and chat, what is the primary advantage of Cryptosuite over something like PGP? From my viewpoint it would appear that it all comes down to interface preference and comfort.

15. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Well CryptoSuite's DEFAULT encryption is of a higher security level than PGP. At least the last version I tried, I will need to grab the latest version to verify this. A lot of people say you only need 128bit ciphers and that is true to some extent. CryptoSuite goes over this level though by using 2 - 256bit ciphers for its encryption. This kind of protection, when used with a decent password (read the helpfile for some hints/tips on choosing passwords) means you will be at a security/privacy level unseen of before in most products, .

CryptoSuite also adds a lot of work factor to keys generated, to help slow bruteforcing of passwords. It takes a minimum of 2^20+ more cycles to generate a possible 256bit CryptoSuite key then to generate one possible passphrase, this adds even more strength to passwords used in CryptoSuite. I suggest reading the CryptoSuite helpfile for more internal information if you are interested.

-Jason-

16. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Thanks For The Great Product!! ;)
    Posted at Outpost
    http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8934
    Mickeys
    http://www.mickeytheman.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=980
    Lavasoft
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?act=ST&f=37&t=15654
    Gladiators
    http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=8980

17. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Thanks guys for spreading the word, and especially to hayc for doing so many forums. :)

-Jason-

18. eternalbeta

eternalbeta Registered Member

Jason, do you have any plans to evolve this into full disk encryption, like Drivecrypt Plus Pack which I'm currently using? If so, I'll switch immediately.

Keep up the good work (and take some sleep every now and then :D)

cheers

eternalbeta

19. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I don't really like the idea of doing "full-disk" encryption. It would require a lot of undocumented work, the Secustar people have many programmers working JUST on the full disk encryption. I also don't like the unnecessary overhead involved when doing full-disk encryption, it isn't for the "average" person who needs data protection.

That is why I designed the CSE format which is portable, can be sent over insecure mediums, etc. I do plan on supporting "virtual" disks within Windows though, so you can set up say a "X:\" which requires a passphrase to write/read to it and acts like a normal partition except it is encrypted.

-Jason-

20. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Will that "virtual" disk work with NTFS? Pete

21. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Well since it hasn't been developed yet I cannot say. But yes, I plan on making it work with both NTFS and FAT :)

-Jason-

22. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

Well keep up the good work :)

I must say that I would really like whole HDD encryption, as their is not only a big market for it, at the moment it has not fully achieved all that it could. Although doing full disk encryption would be very diffcult. I expect that 99% of it would have to be coded in assembly. Still CryptoSuite I'm sure will find its market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.