CryptoMonitor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by digmor crusher, Apr 3, 2015.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Isn't CryptoGuard still active and enabled in HMPA 2 Free?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

3. DecrypterFixer

DecrypterFixer Registered Member

Hello, i just want to let you know that all the kinks have been worked out of CryptoMonitor from its release Version, and on to 2.0. The revisions can be found here:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...mware-before-it-encrypts-your-data/?p=3676647

As for testing a new product, CryptoMonitor was tested intensively against many different Ransomware on both the FREE and PRO version before it was released by myself, and members of the BleepingComputer Community. It did very well, and in fact the older version still blocked a new Encryption Ransomware that was released yesterday because of the way it detects. Most of the issues we had were simple compatibility issues with other installed apps / OS settings, which have been settled :)

The free version of CryptoMonitor will block all Ransomware that the PRO does except for injected processes. I have explained how Free and Pro came to be here previously if your interested:
    http://malwaretips.com/threads/cryp...-an-excessively-brief-test.44535/#post-371384

Anyways, thanks for the thread :) and if anyone needs any help simply let me know!

4. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Nice job, and a welcomed product! Thank you. Added CryptoMonitor to the arsenal of one of my systems two days ago, so still evaluating it.

5. DecrypterFixer

glad to hear it:) , if you ever need help with anything, you can always contact me at anytime!

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

First off welcome to Wilders and congratulations on releasing CryptoMonitor 2.0. The more apps available to protect against crypto-ransomware the better. That said I feel it's problematic having a limited free version of the program. I understand the need to make the Pro version more effective to give people an incentive to upgrade, but it's a dubious choice for users to use an intentionally limited product to protect against such dangerous malware IMHO. I hope users will understand this and get the full product.

7. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

New feature to program seems interesting, Secure Vault.

"Secure Vault holds true to its name. CryptoMonitor will create a directory on your machine which will become the "Secure Vault". Nothing can access this Directory in anyway except for CryptoMonitor, and any other processes that you allow to have access to it. You may place or remove files in Secure Vault through CryptoMonitor and rest in peace knowing anything in that folder can never be touched in anyway except by you through CryptoMonitor. You can place Family Photos, Documents, videos, music, Backups and more in your Secure Vault, and always have a plan b."

8. DecrypterFixer

Thanks for the welcome! I understand your view on this, but sadly there was not a lot of options for me :(. If you have ever followed me at BleepingComputer, you would see that i have released over 25 Free open source decrypters for Ransomware victims of many different types of Ransomware, released a tool named IDTool that detects flags in the system and give a log of which Ransomware you have (More for techs, and victims to post the result on threads), and many many more Open Source projects. That being said, im a guy thats big into free open source software, and keep that view in anyway i can, but unfortunately too much time and money went into CM (and will even more in the future) to make it free.

So i began to think, hey what if i included a few ads here and there to offer it free?, but because its more of a tray icon app, no one would bite.

Now i didnt want to have it be a only paid for app like HMPA, because i still wanted to offer some protection to people who simply cant get the app. So what i ended up doing was making it as cheap as possible for PRO (20 dollars per year, and possiby for life soon), and on the free version, give them every protection that doesn't need help from the Filter Driver(the part of the app that took the most resources, time, and cash). I'm 100% open to suggestions if there was a possibility that i have missed though.

The main reason i made this app is the first place is because how many victims i have helped over the years with Ransomware. Out of the thousands of people i maybe got back 30% of victims files back, and even though i would beat it into peoples heads to backup, they simply would not. So i began the EasySync Solutions products. A line of software directly made to combat Ransomware.

I plan to release a new feature every month (So many ideas in this head from reversing so much Ransomware) for PRO, and then moving a PRO feature to free. So hopefully over the year the application will become a ultimate solution for keeping Ransomware off your machine rather it is free or pro.

But i am ALWAYS open to good ideas and suggestions, and i always want to listen to the victims i help, and other members who fight the cause against ransomware.

Thanks!

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the open and detailed reply. I do understand the need and the challenge of funding the project. Really you deserve a grant from the DHS :) I will make others aware of CryptoMonitor and the important benefits of going "Pro".

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  10. DecrypterFixer

thanks for the kind words:) once the app is more squared away and I feel more comfortable advertising it more, them the free version will offer nearly the same protection as pro, with pro just having a few more goodies.

11. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations,

Could you do a video once a week of CyrptoMonitor blocking a Ransomware and/or removal of the Ransomware itself?

Also,using your different software';)
    > CryptoMonitor
    > NetArchiver
    > BackUp

Moose's World

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  12. Moose World

Tried to reinstall today 04/13/15. Feedback below:

Could not install Crypto Monitor driver! Please ensure you have the privileges to install.
    Error:
    Load fitler driver failed. System return error,errorCode:0800700b7,Cannot create a file when that file already exist.

> Repair
    > Restart
    > Same message
    > Uninstall again
    > Written you a E-mail with my PC setup

Moose's World

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  13. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There was an update today that fixed a similar problem for me. CryptoMonitor is now running OK on my Windows 10 Tech Preview VM.

14. DecrypterFixer

CryptoMonitor v2.0.260.0

CryptoMonitor has received a large update that has finally put all the freezing, and errors to a stop. Please update your current version asap for a stable build.

CryptoMonitor's back code has been overhauled and is now faster, and uses less resources then ever. We will be making a compilation video of CryptoMonitor stopping all the latest Ransomware soon to reassure users of how powerful CryptoMonitor really is.

There are a few errors that need to be reproduce and tested still,but none of these will effect your system, or the way that CryptoMonitor runs.

Thanks for all of your patience and we look forward to our app providing you with the best protection against Ransomware!

You can either update CryptoMonitor from inside the current application, or if the old build has issues for you, you can simply download it and install from our product page:

https://www.easysyncsolutions.com/products.html

15. Victek

Victek Registered Member

CryptoMonitor v2.0.260.0 installed and is running fine in Windows 10 TP 10049 :thumb:

16. Moose World

Salutations,

On the free version, questions?
    > Does not start when Windows 8.1 Pro start up?? Manaully have to start is this normal??
    > Entrap Protection is green and on
    > Count Protection is black and off is this normal?
    > LockMode Status is green and off
    > Even Alert Staus is red and off is this normal?

Also not seeing the yellow around the browser from time to timeo_O With sandboxie?

Wondering if the above is normal and will it work correctly your Pro version?
    And future version of Windows?

Moose's World

17. Moose World

Salutations,

Version 2.0.270.0

> I will check startup later on this evening to make sure? Working on 3 of the PC's!
    > I have 4 PC's and will install through out the next couple of days?
    > Will a lic.,key cover all 4 PC's
    > Do you have a uninstall/removal tool, just in case normal uninstall doe not work?

Moose's World

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  18. Moose World

Also, after turning the PC off at night. And turning the PC back on after it has been setting for 8 hours.
    CyrptoMonitor has a problem starting up and running. And said that it is senting the error message back to
    the server. It happen on all 4 PC's the same above issue.

> Will a lic.,key cover all 4 PC's

Again, I hope that this help you out!:)

Moose's World

19. Moose World

Salutations,

What are goodies that will be coming to CyrptoMonitor? Time frame? Additionally, could you about your other software products.
    Details and with a video for youtube? And how they tie in with CryptoMonitor?

Moose's World

20. Moose World

Salutations

Where are the other cyrpto software tools that are on the market so that we can compare to make sure that is the best on software?

> Hitman Pro Alert with Hitman Pro
    > CryproPrevent
    > Comodo Firefwall

Didi I miss any? I and what make them stand above the rest?

Moose's World

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  21. DecrypterFixer

CryptoMonitor v2.0.300.0

CryptoMonitor has come along way since the first day. But today we have finally hit our Main Release Version. CryptoMonitor has been running now for about 3 weeks with no critical errors, so we decided to push our main release. First we want to say thanks, and that this wouldn't be possible without the users who tried CryptoMonitor and stuck with it even when it wasn't at its best.

I will be releasing a compilation video today of CryptoMonitor stopping all the latest Ransomware, so be on the look out for that! :)

Changes:

- Completely upgraded CryptoMonitors Licensing and payment functions.

- Moved away from Paypal completely.

- Integrated into Stripe Payments to make transactions with people and businesses easier.

- Ability to pay for CryptoMonitor Monthly instead of Yearly. ($2 dollars a Month)

- Added payment options for Commercial, Bulk, Reselling, and MSP's licensing.

- Added additional logic to Entrapment Protection that now protects from a wider range of Ransomware faster.

Future Changes:

- Ability to pay for CryptoMonitor with BitCoins will be added.

- License management portal for Commercial purposes.

Thanks!

https://EasySyncSolutions.com

New Payment Portal for CryptoMonitor (Includes Commercial Pricing.)

https://easysyncbackup.com/cmpurchase/

22. Victek

Victek Registered Member

CryptoMonitor - Preventing Today's Top Ransomware (CryptoWall, PClock, CTBLocker)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqsHJvoABZc

23. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

The YouTube resolution is way too low to be able to follow the video and it's workings. A couple peeps left comments as much.

On the better note, thanks for the effort that continues to go into this monitor program.

24. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Agreed they need to do an HD version where we can read the text, etc.

25. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

To be honest, I still don't understand how "Entrapment Protection" exactly works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.