Cross-Linked Files

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Grizer, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grizer

Grizer Registered Member

Hello - I'm running Paragon Partition Manager on a SBS 2003 server. After the job finish and says "Succeeded" an error message pops up that says "Some error occured" File system has allocation errors due to cross-linked files. Run OS Built-in tools for checking and correcting this kind of errors"

Is there any easy fix for this? I've done some research and It appears to fix this I'll have to delete system files.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

There is no easy fix. Did you try to fix the errors? If system files have been damaged then only reinstall will rectify it (assuming that hard drive should be kept on a server). Keep an eye on event viewer and see if the errors come back. If they do consider replacing hd post haste.

3. Grizer

Grizer Registered Member

Thank you for the info.

After I reboot the server the partition I tried to combine is back to the original "unallocated disk space" it even loses the NTFS formatting. I didn't want to run the Chkdsk /f and chance the server going down completely.

This server was built using a Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery backup after the original servers motherboard shot the bed. I wonder if that caused this issue with files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.