Critical Error w/ PartitionExpert

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bmoremu, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmoremu

bmoremu Registered Member

Here is my situation....wanted to reformat my C:, but wanted to backup data first, so i used PE to create a new partition using free space available on C: (HD is 120gb, so i resized C: to around 55gb and created the new partition which was near the same size) . After the reboot, I get this message:

"Windows could not restart because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"

After that is a message recommending I repair using XP setup CD, but when I try that it doesn't recognize a HD! So I booted with the PE boot disk and go to my C: properties --> File system --> Errors and it says "File system error: MFT bitmap corrupted"

Any help would be much appreciated as I am very stuck and disappointed at what has happened.

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bmoremu,

Thank you for using Acronis Partition Expert (http://www.acronis.com/products/partitionexpert/).

Please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. bmoremu

bmoremu Registered Member

I get the following error message:

Acronis Loader fatal error: Boot drive (partition) not found.
    Press enter to try and boot your OS......

:doubt:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bmoremu,

Please send a message to support@acronis.com regarding this problem and please describe that you have received this error message during the boot process from the Acronis Report diskette.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.