Critical Database Errors/Image with dissimilar hardware using TrueImage Echo & UR

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dcn Emil, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dcn Emil

Dcn Emil Registered Member

Hello.

I've come across a problem during my image and restore attempt.

I'm imaging the hard disk of my old laptop (which appears to be IDE connect) to an external HP mini-disk (160GB USB connect). To do this I'm using TrueImage Echo Server with Universal Restore so it can take care of drivers required to restore to the new laptop I have with dissimilar hardware.

After successfully imaging the old laptops hard disk to the external USB hard disk, I booted the new laptop with an Acronis Bootable CD I created with Universal Restore capability added to it.

I originally experienced driver issues, which I managed to fix by providing Universal Restore with the new laptops chipset drivers. All seemed to have restored fine until I received errors in the Log stating the below 3:

54:Warning
    No critical database updated for 'NO_DRV_X.Services'

56:Warning
    No critical database updated for 'NO_DRV.Services'

58:Warning
    No critical database updated for 'NO_DRV_MBRES.Services'

Even though there were errors, I tried to boot off the new laptops hard disk and it blue-screened both in Normal and Safe-Modes...

I read on another thread a fix in the registry for the above Warnings, which stated to give FullControl to users using the program under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\

But my user is already in the Administrator group, which has Full Control. Maybe I should give 'everyone' full control?? Not sure.

Any help or ideas with this?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dcn Emil,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

You are right, please give the Full control for everyone, recreate the image and recover the archive. The issue should be solved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.