CRITICAL: B&R 10 *source* drive unbootable

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Nightblade, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightblade

Nightblade Registered Member

B&R 10 *source* drive unbootable

I tried to clone a drive with Backup & Recovery 10 Suite. After carefully selecting the source and destination drives and selecting apply, the software said it needed to restart the system due to locked files. After the reset nothing happened, system would not boot. Partition table is empty. :( A "Rescue Kit 10 Free Edition" "indent search" did not find any partitons. I'm doing a full scan now.

Help!

Source drive: Seagate 1TB (ST31000528AS)
    Dest drive: Samsung 1TB (HD103SJ)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. Nightblade

Update: After ~4 hours, the full scan has found all four partitions, but the wizard will only let me select ONE partition to restore!? (I tried shift-clicking and ctrl-clicking all four partitions, but it didn't work.) Do I really need do this one partition at a time with a ~4 hour scan each timeo_O

3. Nightblade

Phew, I seem to have it all working again.

I worked out a little shortcut with the partition recovery program: You can start the scan then cancel it straight away to find the next partition since it's going to be right at the start of the "empty space" on the drive. After you've recovered that partition the next area of "empty space" is now right where the next partition starts. Rinse and repeat :)

In summary, I can't recommend "Paragon Backup & Restore 10". However "Paragon Rescue Kit 10 Free Edition" gets a HUGE thumbs up :)

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Nightblade,

Sorry you had an issue B&R 10. It appears the boot time mode stopped before completing.

I always use a boot cd for those kind of operations. You can run one off from within B&R10 main interface, Tools>recovery media builder.

The rescue kit is excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.