Credentials issue - what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alex Ford, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ford

Alex Ford Registered Member

Hello,

I have Acronis True Image Home 11 on the 15 day trial, and as far as I know it is fully functional for the 15 days but I am having an issue with the Credentials password section when I am trying to create schedules for making incremental backups.

I manually and successfully created a full backup image and then went to use the scheduler to create incremental backups, but when I get to a certain part in the scheduler on the window titled “Credentials” it asks for the user name and a password, but I don't know any/have not set any.

Previous to this window there is an 'Archive Protection' window that asks for a password. Now I don’t think I entered a password when I made the original full backup so I guess this should be left blank? But even if I leave it blank or put in a password it does not say if it is wrong or right, so anyway I move on and eventually get to the “Credentials” window where it asks for the “User name” and the “password”. The user name is the computers default name but I have no idea what the password is as I have not set one or been asked for one as far as I know.

The thing is because the User name and/or the password is wrong the scheduler will not run and comes up with a error message basically saying "Logon failure. Unknown user name or bad password".

Can anybody suggest what I am doing wrong here please? I previously used Norton Ghost and wish to now use Acronis and I will buy it if I can get it working right but at the moment I am stuck,

Any help most welcome.

Many thanks

Alex Ford.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Did you install for All Users?

3. Alex Ford

Hello shieber,

Yes pretty sure I did as I normally do, but even If I did not what User name and password is it asking for? My windows logon password, or?

Thanks

Regards

Alex Ford

4. Alex Ford

Hello shieber,

As a quick test I entered my computer name and windows logon name and it still says "The logon information is incorrect".

Regards

Alex Ford

5. Alex Ford

Right I have solved this by finding an old thread on this forum.

Basically it needs your computer name and windows log-on password BUT my account in windows shows my name as 'Alex Ford', but that is NOT my computer name, so you need to find your computer name, which helpfully Acronis shows by default when you first set up the scheduler, and then enter the password you use to log-on to windows with and that does the trick.

What would be helpful is a FAQ on the Acronis site about this and also some decent detail in the programs help file on the subject. Two simple things that would have helped me and the other user(s) who have previously had these issues, in fact the number of FAQ'S on the Acronis site for this product seems to be woefully poor considering how many postings and answers there are on this forum..

Thanks

Alex Ford

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

We're glad that this issue was resolved.

Thank you for provided information and suggestions. I would pass this information to appropriate person and we would consider to add it to our Online Knowledge Base.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.