Creating notifications with Mozilla Thunderbird

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by psych1610, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psych1610

psych1610 Registered Member

Redneckville, FL .. originally Newburgh, NY!!!!
    Hi everyone, I'm brand new to NOD32. First, I think I need to start off by singing this programs praises. I installed the program, followed the "extra settings" thread, and off I was. 13 trojans were found on my removable hard drive in the first scan, fortunately thats all that was found. I've still been fiddling around with the settings to see what I like best, but so far I'm impressed. I've never seen so many configuration options in a program before and configuration is something I like even though I tend to screw things up that way. The interface does take some getting used to but I needed a program with a small footprint, and good power and everyone said this was it. To be honest, this is the first time I'm actually considering paying for an antivirus, I've always used the free versions (Comodo Antivirus, AVG, for a brief time Avast). I just want to make sure this program works for me, obviously, and is the best it can be before I take the plunge.

So my question, after the immense rambling. I know NOD32 scans incoming and outgoing emails because I have it set to say it at the bottom of the email. I also see the option where I can have it send me emails (awesome feature by the way), but is there a way that I can see it scanning the incoming and outgoing emails in a way. In Comodo Antivirus and AVG I believe there was some sort of notification it was scanning like a bar on the bottom right displaying it's progress or a I think AVG just had a little circle that was spinning that said email was scanning. I'm not a very trustworthy person when it comes to these programs and I'd love to be able to see an icon or something that said emails were being scanned. If not, I guess it's something I can live without.

*edit* and in case it matters I use Thunderbird 1.5, on Windows XP
    Thanks everyone,
    psych

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi psych1610, welcome to Wilders.

No suck feature at this stage of the game. You can see the IMON count increase after each email arrives, as well there is the checked by NOD32 notification at the bottom of each email after IMON has scanned the email.

Cheers :D

3. psych1610

To see the IMON count increase, I would need to have the control center opened correct? Are these the only options available, if so I guess that's easily dealt with.

Also, and I'm sure this has been asked multiple times is there a point in having EMON even activated if I don't use Outlook at all and my emails (according to this post) would be scanned by the IMON module of this program. I don't see it really causing a problem and so would probably not deactivate it, just curious if it benefits me at all. For some reason Outlook continuously crashed on my system.

4. Blackspear

Yes, and Yes ;) :D

You will not see any difference at all in disabling EMON. I too use Thunderbird, however I leave all modules active.

5. psych1610

Sounds great to me, thanks so much Blackspear both for your helpful guide and speedy response. I can easily work with the different notification, that in itself is not a deal breaker. Just curious..

Now to wait out the next few weeks and see how NOD32 actually performs after it's been configured.. and have tests thrown at it :)

Thanks again, I'm pretty sure I'll be back

psych1610

6. Blackspear

You are welcome.

7. Blackspear

Hi The Seer, I have split your post off into its own thread HERE as it is a subject in its own right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.