Creating Bootable Rescue Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by computercwby, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computercwby

computercwby Registered Member

When trying to create a rescue boot disk, as soon as I get to the contents section and press next Acronis reboots my machine. I have the latest build of version 10. Never had this problem with 9 and the only reason I upgraded to 10 was for Vista. Anyone else have this problem and if so how do I fix it.

2. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

... and you have a CD in the CD-ROM drive before you attempt to create an Acronis Rescue CD?

3. computercwby

No but shouldn't it give me the option to put it in if it is not there?

4. computercwby

I have tried it with a blank cd in with the same results. Machine just reboots. Didn't have this problem with 9.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

This used to work with previous versions: after you put the blank cd in, leave the tray open and let the process close the tray.

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Do you have any other CD/DVD writing software resident, like say InCD?

F.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello computercwby,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please update any third-party CD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on the respective web-site.

Please also try creating Acronis Bootable Rescue Media using Windows safe mode.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please perform the actions described in this previous post to enable Windows mini-dumps. Then reproduce the issue and collect created mini-dump files.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.