Creating Boot Flash Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FloatingPoint, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloatingPoint

FloatingPoint Registered Member

Again, I purchased a new “DiskGO!” 8.0G USB Flash Drive. Right out the box I attached it to my Dell SX 280 that’s running Acronis True Workstation 9.1 Build 3718. I installed that drive and ran the “Create Bootable Rescue Media” which installed successfully.

Now, when trying to boot from it on a Dell GX 270, I get the error message that the disk is not a system disk. I’ve been going back and forth with this same issue and been getting nowhere. I get sending you information that you request and wait days for a reply. I really would like to have this working and advertised.

Anyway, I noticed that my Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console works well when it comes to creating bootable flash drives. The very same flash drive was used and it worked with the Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console’s “Create Bootable Media/ “Acronis Master Image Creator” wizard. So, why can’t I get Acronis True Image Management Console or Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 to work the same way.

Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console produces the following files; bootmenu.exe, bootwiz.sys, mouse.com, splash.run, bootwiz.cfg, kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat. or Acronis True Image Workstation only installs ramdisk.exe and bootdt1.bin.

Now, if I delete bootmenu.exe, bootwiz.sys, mouse.com, splash.run, bootwiz.cfg, kernel.dat and create the drive with True Image Workstation, I get that it’s not a system disk. Is anyone else having this problem or a solution?

Thanks.

2. FloatingPoint

FloatingPoint Registered Member

Bootable Flash Drive... TI v8 and TI v9.1

Hello,

For the longest time now, I’ve been trying to get my flash drive to be bootable using Acronis True Image Workstation v9.1. No matter what I did nothing worked. Then I loaded Acronis True Image Workstation v8.0 demo on the computer and had no problem creating the flash drives. As a matter of fact, I used the same flash drives that I was having a problem with when using Acronis True Image Workstation v9.1.

It seems the Acronis True Image Workstation v9.1 has been changed and creating bootable flash drives doesn’t work. Now, is there any way Acronis can fix this and maybe roll back so that creating bootable flash drives work?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Bootable Flash Drive... TI v8 and TI v9.1

Hello FloatingPoint,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Could you please clarify if you used Acronis Snap Deploy or Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 to create the bootable media on the flash drive?

Please format the flash drive to FAT before creating Acronis True Image Bootable Media on this flash drive. Please also have a look at this thread.

P. S. I have merged two threads you have started since they are related to the same issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.