Creating Boot Disk Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Seeker2, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seeker2

Seeker2 Registered Member

Hi,

Using Acronis 7.0 build 634 I keep receiving an error message when trying to create a CDR boot disk. Error message follows:

“Error burning the bootable CDR/CDRW”

The media and drive are fine as I have burned disks using my burning software. Also, this is a new thing, not something that has been going on since my initial install.

I am running XP Pro SP2 (this was happening before the SP2 update) and have a TDK 48X24X48.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and drive, but no luck. I have also opened up a support request with Acronis, but the only response I received was to run a utility which produced a report and send it to them. I did that, but have heard nothing since.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. mgold

mgold Registered Member

Seeker2:

I had the same thing happening to me today, after I upgraded my TI-6 to the latest TI-7 build (634). Fortunately, after reading some posts here I hit upon a solution:

It seems that any background process on the Win-XP machine that is enabled to write to the CDR/CDRW can interfere with the Rescue Bootable disc creation software.
    1. Go to the My Computer -> right-click your burner -> Properties -> Recording tab -> clear the checkmark on Enable CD recording.
    2. If you have installed any fancy CD burning software like, Roxio Media Creator 7, or Nero Ultra, etc, they all like to place some type of Drag-and-Drop feature icon in your sys-tray. Disable temporarily the Drag-and-Drop feature (exit the application) and create the disk.

Hope this will work for you.

3. CyrilDC

CyrilDC Registered Member

mgold,

Thanks for the helpful post!

I just ran into this same issue today after having changed my optical drive and software a few days ago and then installing the latest update for TI7 today. Disabling the "Drag-to-Disc" functionality did the trick and I was able to create a new bootable CD without any additional problems.

4. Seeker2

Seeker2 Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

I fooled around with this for a while and then came across Drag To Disk causing a problem while I was trying burn a data disk.

What I did was to uninstall Roxio software and reinstall without Drag To Disk and Napster, which I never used anyway. I then was able to burn my data disk without a problem, so I decided to try burning a boot disk and it worked perfectly.

However, it still doesn't explain why the problem showed up to begin with, because I always had Drag To Disk installed but didn't have the problem.

Anyway, all is well that ends well.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.