Creating an image in UBUNTU linux

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ashrack, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashrack

ashrack Registered Member

Tomorrow I would like to attempt to clone the machine. On the machine Ihave UBUNTU LINUX installed. And now I would need to clone it to 4 other identical machines.

I was thinking of creating the BOTABLE CDRW with the ACRONIS TI SERVER installed on my Win2k3 server. And then I would boot the linux machine with this BOOTABLE CDRW and create an image of the LINUX machine to my network drive Win2k3 server.
    And then insert the same BOOTABLE CDRW to a new machine and restored the image created on my Win2k3 server-

Would this be possible??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ashrack,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, it's possible. Acronis True Image supports the following Linux file systems: Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, Reiser4, and Linux Swap. Acronis True Image works also with any unknown file systems in a special sector-by-sector mode. If the software cannot identify the file system, it simply creates an exact image of every sector on the disk.

The standalone version of Acronis True Image can be run from bootable media on any PC, independent of the operating system installed.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

You can use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home for your purposes.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase Acronis True Image 9.0.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.