Creating an Ad Hoc Network

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by gordon2013, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordon2013

gordon2013 Registered Member

[FIXED] Creating an Ad Hoc Network on Windows 7

Hello.

Can anyone help me in configuring the ESS's firewall?
    It just won't let the information going to the other pc(me being the server). But if I deactivate it, it works just fine, even the internet connection sharing.
    It's weird though, the other pc has the same ESS Antivirus software, how come that one works with the firewall activated??
    So, can anyone help me please with this?
    By the way, I have ESS version 6+.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

If it's working on one computer and not the other, export the ESET Configuration settings from the computer that's working and import them on the computer that isn't working. Here's the KB article on how to do this:

How can I import or export my ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus configuration settings using an .xml file?

You could also switch the firewall to "Interactive filtering mode", then click "Remember action (create rule)" and "Allow" when you try to connect. Once you are able to make the connection you need, switch the firewall to "Automatic mode (with exceptions)" and your rules will be saved.

3. gordon2013

gordon2013 Registered Member

Hi dwomak and thanks for replying.
    I don't think it's necessary anymore to give you the .xml file, if the issue was fixed.
    But thanks anyway.:D

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I didn't need the file. I was suggesting to export from one PC and import onto the other. Glad to see the issue is resolved. Closing the thread per request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.