Creating a Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by badger, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badger

badger Registered Member

Hello.
    Please excuse my ignorance. I have created an image of my C drive onto a USB 2nd HDD.
    Does this "Secure Zone" have any relevance to me. I have downloaded and printed the User Manual but am still unsure what this secure zone is or what it does. Thank you.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Secure Zone is a hidden partition that cannot be read by windows and therefore reduces the posibility of being corrupted or infected by say a virus.

Also if within your system allows you to boot to ATI for the purpose of restore or maintenance without the need of a disk.

Not sure if it works with an external drive however.

3. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

My understanding is that SZ comes into its own where users run with just a single visible partition, and they choose not to backup to external devices or DVDs/CDs.

If you are backing up to a partition or drive other than the source drive then I personally don't see much point in using SZ.

4. badger

badger Registered Member

Thank you both for your replies.I did not think I needed this,but was not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.