Creating a secure zone with Acronis TI 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by babac, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi gang,
    If I make my backups on a second hard drive,dedicated to backups only, is there any need to create a secure zone on the 2nd drive?
    Thanks!

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Nope.

3. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

No, the secure zone is required only when you backup to the one drive, hence the need to dlinenate a zone on your hard drive that will be used exclusively for the backup. I'm new at this too ... my two cents worth!

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I use a secure zone on a second internal drive because it enables me to have a set of automatically produced and managed backup archive images of my main drive.

Once the schedule is set up that is it. All I have to do is look at the log from time to time to make sure that it has in fact run in my absence. I also do regular restores to exchangable main drives but that is another story.

There is some additional protection from corrupting viruses or finger trouble but it's sheer convenience and simplicity appeal to me the most.

Xpilot

5. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi!
    If I understand well, the purpose of the secure zone is primarly designed to be created on the main hard drive.It does create,so to speak, a sort of partition on that drive.
    Am I correct?
    Thank you!

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Exactly. The ASZ is a hidden partition and was designed for those with only 1 HD and nowhere else to store images.

7. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi!
    :thumb:
    Thanks to all of you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.