Creating a Secure Zone on a single HD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by papahemi, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papahemi

papahemi Registered Member

I have been trying for two weeks to create a Secure zone on my computers running XP pro with SP2. It goes thru the process but in the end there is no Secure zone activated. I purchased two copies of TI 9.0 on 10/13/06 for two computers that control equipment not connected to the internet. I have tried to contact Acronis about upgrades to V10 to no avail. Would like to get this working soon. Any help out there?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Can’t help much other than to ask:

“in the end …”
    So the process seems to complete successfully? No errors?

“there is no Secure zone activated.”
    What shows up in Disk Management? Any unallocated space, etc.?

3. papahemi

The errors I received were "Failed to find Secure Zone" and "Completed with errors"
    The sercure zone would show up on the disk maangement screen but when selected it would say Secure Zone unavailable.

I did alot of reading on this forum today and I found the solution. TI was resetting my Backup priority to low. Once I set it to "normal" the Secure zone is now recognized by Disk management and I was able to accomplish a "full backup"
    Thanks so much to all on the forum.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

papahemi,
    Should your hard drive fail, your backups cease to exist.

Suggest you buy an external hard drive and store your backups there. Secure zone not needed.

External drives on sale almost everyweek at major stores. Should you decide to go this route, be sure and connect the external only when used. Do not leave connected all the time due to possible abuses from power and viruses.

Regarding upgrades: An excerpt from an Acronis posting.

5. papahemi

Sounds like a great idea. What happens if the external HD fails? Right now I backup using Secure zone and DVD.
    I was finally able to create a Secure zone by using the Rescue Media CD and the Acronis Loader full version. Still won't work using the program loaded on C:
    Thanks for the information.

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Erm..... I think you are still missing the point. Failures happen one at a time.
    If the external hard drive fails you still have your data on the source disk. If you use the SZ (which is just a marketing ploy to suck in users with a single physical drive) on your source drive, and your source drives fails ...... you lose both.

F.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello papahemi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis driversand install it. After that, you should be able to Manage Acronis Secure Zone under Windows, if successful.

If the issue still persists, please do the following:

- Download SnapAPI.dll

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the downloaded one

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file.

The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.