creating a partition to reinstall

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Billiam6300, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billiam6300

Billiam6300 Guest

Okay, I did a quick search and since I am a noob, it was more confusing to read some of the post so I decided to post a new thread. If I have duplicated someones thread or the answer is out there already just point me to the thread and I will go from there.

I am using the trial version, if it works like I hope it does then I most likely will purchase the full version.

I have a 200gb hdd, I have roughly about 35-40gb used, I created an image and then verfied the image, and now for the question:

I want to do a clean install of my system, I have two versions of XP on my system, dont ask why I just do.

now since I have a verified backup, Its clean install time and only one "os" install.

Do I create a partition and move the newly created image to that partition and then reformat and install the other partition?

And for the more logical question, how do I do that?

Thanks,

Bill

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    I thought the trial version allows one to become familiar with the features of TI. It is not time limited but doesn't allow an image to be restored. You need to buy the full version for that.

3. Billiam6300

Billiam6300 Registered Member

Okay, Im correcting you!, I downloaded the trial version and it said that it has "FULL" capabilities for 30 days and after that time I would have to purchase it or stop using it, something like that.

So does anyone have any helpful suggestions on this thread?

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Having never used the trial version I was basing my comment on what I remembered from the Acronis website.
    I've just checked further and found that at the following URL:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/
    it states:

"Download Acronis True Image 8.0
    Trial-version limitations:

15 days trial version;
    It is not possible to restore images of a system partition;
    It is not possible to create and restore images, and clone disks when Acronis True Image 8.0 is launched from the bootable rescue media.
    Trial version of this software is intended only to show how the software works and its user interface. It is a limited-functionality demo."

I only offer this information to clarify my previous comment.
    If you don't find it 'helpful' then so be it.
    I won't waste your time again.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you please tell where you downloaded the trial version and where was said that it is a full one? tachyon42 is absolutely right and you won't be able to restore the image of the system partition (and as I got you have the image of the partition containing your Windows XP) with the trial version.

Could you please clarify what image you have: the one of the whole disk or of one partition with single operational system? If you have the image of one operational system you may store it on one partition and restore to another one wich will become system partition after the restoration process. All these actions you will be able to do only with the full version of Acronis True Image 8.0 which you can purchase at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/online/.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Billiam6300

Billiam6300 Registered Member

Well, I must have read it wrong, I am sorry! I thought that what I read when I downloaded the trial version was exactly what I said but obviosly its not since reading the link you provided clearly shows that it does not.

Also, since tech support also confirms it I must have read what I wanted it read. hmm sounds like what my wife says? ha ha!

Anyways, I will have to do some more research before I can tell you anymore about what I have since It is actually on a second hard drive that I removed from my system, it was only in my system temporarlily to see if I could do the image back up.

Once I connect it back up I will be able to give you the info though.

tachyon42 thanks for the quick reply though because I would have hated to do everything and find out it did not work, that would have been not very good.

Although I do remove and test everything like 3x before I do the clean install.

Bill

7. jrbales

jrbales Registered Member

Bill: I wanted to let you know you aren't the only one that must have read what he wanted to hear. I too was thinking that the software was fully functional for the trial period. I just went back and reread the info again. I must have stopped reading after the first line or something :oops: Anyway, I've worked with the trial version and done a lot of research online as well as reading the forums and have decided True Image 8.0 sounds like the software to buy as it seems to work well with my setup. Also, there are lots of people with good information found in the forums if I run into problems.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please note that if you have any special question concerning Acronis software (not only Acronis True Image) and you cannot find the answer after using trial version you may ask this question either on this forum or via e-mail support@acronis.com. You will certainly get the answer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.