Creating a job on a remote machine with True Image Management Console

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikeblas, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

The featureset of True Image is very appealing. I've been trying to work with the demo of True Image Corporate Workstation that I downloaded, but I'm finding that it doesn't work as I expect.

The software I downloaded is "Trial Version 8.0 (build 937).

On Machine1, I've started True Image Management Console. I connected to a remote computer named Machine2. Previously, I installed the remote agent on Machine2 without a problem. (And the Corporate Workstation program, too.) Then, I used the "Create Image" link on the "Pick a Task for the Remote Computer" window. This starts the Create Image Wizard.

There, I select the drive I want to image. I'm then prompted for a file name where the TIB file will be written. I entered a file name that I expect to be local to teh machine I've connected to. After doing this, I press "Next>" to specify that I want to "Create the full backup image archive".

I press "Next>" to get through the rest of the steps in the Create Image Wizard with the default options: Automatic file splitting, normal compression, no password for the image file, and no comment. At the final confirmation step, I press "Proceed". After all that work, I get an error message that says:

None of my drives are write-protected. I don't think there are any bad sectors, either, beceause creating this job and running it locally on Machine2 works just fine.

How can I use the True Image Mangaement Console to create a new imaging job on a remote machine?

.B ekiM

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikeblas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, please make it so and then reboot your computer.

If the above doesn't help please run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2) manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task) or do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr.exe service start

If the problem persists please send a letter with the link to this thread to support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

The Scheduler 2 was set to start up automatically and was started.

I ran SchedHelp and Schedul2. They didn't generate any output, but I notice in Task Manager that I now have two copies of SchedHelp.EXE running, and two copies of Schedul2.EXE running. One copy of SchedHelp.EXE is running under the NETWORK SERVICE account, and the other is running under my username. One copy of SchedHlp.EXE is running under the SYSTEM account, and the other is running under my own user name.

Now I have three copies of schedmgr.exe running.

But the problem still persists. How will the machine running the Management Console decide which instance of the service to connect with if there is more than one instance running?

I will do that. Agian, I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you -- I thought that this forum was the correct place to ask for assistance because it is titled "Official Acronis Support Forum". I didn't know that I should be getting support through email, instead.

.B ekiM

4. Acronis Support

Hello mikeblas,

It is me who should apologize for the inconvinience you experience. I am really sorry for not solving the problem.

When the issue is complicated and cannot be solved in this forum it is better to send a letter to our Support Team. It is our company policy that everyone who uses Acronis software should receive the solution for his/her problem even though sometimes it takes time to find the fix.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. igorb

igorb Registered Member

So, what is solution to this problem, i cannot create image remotely using Enterprise 8.
    Please fix it ASAP!
    Thank you

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Editorializing removed - please note Acronis support's response as noted -

7. sandersja

sandersja Registered Member

I am experiencing the same problem. I did NOT have this problem with build 933, so it is a new problem introduced by build 937. I upgraded the true image agent on all my machines to build 937. I can connect to the local machine (the same machine the console is installed on) and create an image with no problem. Attempting to create an image on any remote system produces the "task script" error.

Is there any way to revert to build 933 until someone gets this fixed?

Regards,

James

8. Acronis Support

Hello James,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

If you need to get the previous build please send a letter with your serial number to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. Please indicate in the letter the full exact software name and the build number you need. Please do NOT post your serial number at this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. Abruzzo

Abruzzo Guest

I had same problem on remote machines. Using Win XP Pro SP2. I tried all the ideas the moderator offered and nothing worked. I wonder if there could be a issue with "Local security Policies" and/or "services". Anybody have any ideas

10. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.