Creating a disk image THEN making a DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by regulator, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regulator

regulator Registered Member

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed (without issue) true image workstation 9.1 with the hopes of making a custom "recovery cd" for my fresh windows install.

I have created a full disk backup of my fresh windows/all programs install, 2.5gb. I can create the full backup without any issues, which is awsome.

Now my problem is I can't figure out how to burn the backup to a dvd. It is sitting on my external hard drive right now, anyone have a quick awnser for me? Thanks.

I know im going to get some RTFM crys for this, but I can't find anything about backing up to dvd in the manual at all...

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

If your using build 3666 direct to DVD burning is built in to to TI. If not use Nero or any other burning program to burn it to a DVD.

3. regulator

regulator Registered Member

I know on the webpage it says the True Image Workstation can burn to DvD, however I have absolutly no clue how to do it ! I am using the trial version, I assume it's 3666.

I have nero 7, and I have the "Full backup" file, (approx 2.5gb) AND I have successfuly burnt a "true image boot disc".

So If I burn the "Full Backup" file to a dvd, can I then restart and boot using the "true image boot" cd I made? The "Full Backup" file is NOT an .iso which I was hopeing for...

pre-thank you for your help

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The full backup file is just that, a file like any other file except it happens to be rather large.

Boot the PC with the Boot CD. The Linux recovery environment is memory-resident so you don't need the CD in the drive after the TI program starts.

Insert the DVD into the DVD drive and select your backup file at the appropriate time in the Recovery Wizard.

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

When start your backup select the CD/DVD drive as the destination instead of the hard drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.