Creating a boot/scan disk

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by OddAngryShot, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OddAngryShot

OddAngryShot Registered Member

Hi all,

I was just wondering if it was possible to create a bott disk/CD that had Nod32 on it so that you can insert it into a computer and then scan it?

Reason I ask.....

I have a small home network and other people come over to play games etc. and basically I don't trust their AV software. Also I often get asked to fix their systems up after they have been infected with a virus/worm. While I have absolutely no problem with these things myself by using NOD32, I would like to minimise the risk to my network and be able to scan the other computers and fix any problems without having to connect them into the network.

It is really for ease of use I guess.

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

2. NODZI

NODZI Guest

You could put a trial copy on the Ultimate Boot CD, but I don't think you can legally use your licenced copy of NOD32 to fix problems on other people's computers.

3. OddAngryShot

OddAngryShot Registered Member

The problem I find is that you have to install NOD in order to get it to run. I guess I am really asking is there anyway to set NOD up to be a functional stand alone Virus Scanner? Most of the trial stuff would work well for this and would allow it to be regularly updated.

I see your point about the licensing bit too NODZI, something I hadn't thought about.

4. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I think there should be away of making a bootable disk with NOD32, but maybe that's the old way of thinking.

5. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

It looks like it...

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

All posts concerning issues in violation with our TOS as well as the EULA from Eset/NOD32 have been removed.

Please play a fair game, ladies and gents.

regards,

paul

7. Emil

Emil Guest

Paul,

I'm not bored on my job as I need to talk somebody and play internet. I put just realistic matters. What is wrong asking for more??! What is wrong if Eset could improve their site adding an on-line scanner? Doing this nod could avoid a negativ impact with another resident AV. So, if the supposed nod on-line scanner detect things which the actually AV didn't, are you agree with me that in maximum an year that person will buy the nod, in most of the cases?

So, if we really discuss some hard things, let do it until the end...

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Emil,

The only reason for interfering has been the fact you posted an NOD.exe download link. Since your aren't an Eset (re)seller, we can't have that over here.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.