Create redistributable install package?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sasiki, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

I have 110 users on v2.7. To install them, I built a .rar package that contained a .bat file, the exe file, and an xml file. I was able to unrar the file and have it automatically do a silent install and ask for restart. I am unable to find the instructions on doing this for version 4. It seems as if the command line switches are different as well.

2. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

It looks like I had overlooked the Copy function within the Package manager. This has allowed me to export a redistributable package. However, regardless of the /qn or /qb! command line switch, the install interface comes up requiring clicks on Next, next, etc. I left the command line switch default to begin with and then added the /qb!.. same result both times. I want a silent install as I had with v2.7. The less the end user has to do, the better!

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

You can export out your desired settings to a file named cfg.xml and so long as it is in the same directory that the msi package runs from, it will use it for the settings. That way you can keep using your batch script method to invoke msiexec with the /qb! switch so users can only see a progress bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.