Create Partition not working?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Xero, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xero

Xero Registered Member

Hello, I have just purchased Disk Director, Im trying to create a new partition for Windows Vista so that I can set up a dual-boot system. The main reason I purchashed this osftware was to create partitions and use the OS Selector... When I go through the "Create Partition Wizard" I enter all my information correctly (200gb hdd splitting to 30gb[vista] and then the rest will stay the same) my HDD is not full, I still have 89gb. Once XP restarts there is no new partition! This is a very large problem as I would have just wasted $60 dollars... (Canadian, but still)...

Hopefully someone can help me, please do as I really like the UI of this program and its very easy to use!

2. Xero

Xero Registered Member

Nevermind, the problem was resolved through tech support, though I still have to use the "bootable version" of disk director, and it does not work when im on XP...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xero,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

Actually, Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 should be able to perform the above-mentioned operation from Windows. However, if you would like us to proceed with the investigation of the issue then please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. Xero

Xero Registered Member

Should I post that number here, or would you like me to reply to the email that was sent to me? I don't want to "Re-Create" the the act that I used because I don't need to create a new partition as I have got Vista installed sucsessfuly.

EDIT: the number was: [Acronis #542892]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xero,

As I can see, our support engineer Alexey Yakasov is already working on your issue. Please follow his instructions and send him the requested information, if necessary, and he will certainly provide you with the possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.