Create booteable Rescue Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JJB, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJB

JJB Guest

First of all sorry for my english.

I have a booteable disk, and but is impossible to start a PC, always start Windows 2000 Server and not Acronis Disk.

Please any idea?

Jaime

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Make sure you have changed the BIOS to boot from the CD First.

3. JJB

JJB Registered Member

This option is OK in the Server

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for you Private Message. For the benefit of other users, it's probably best we continue our dialogue via this thread.

Did you create the bootable rescue CD whilst running True Image or are you trying to boot from a retail version of the True Image installation disk?

Are you using an internal or external CD/DVD drive? If external, how is it connected; USB or Firewire?

Are you able to boot your server from some other bootable CD such as your original Windows installation CD?

Regards

5. JJB

JJB Registered Member

Hi,

1. I create the bootable rescue CD while running True Image.

2. I am use interna CD/DVD drive.

3. I am able to boot with the disk report "AcronisReport.exe"

thnks and brgds
    Jaime

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Jaime,

O.K.

O.K.

As far as I'm aware, the "AcronisReport.exe" utility creates a bootable floppy disk not CD. We need to confirm that your Win2K server can in fact boot from a known bootable CD (e.g. Windows Installation Disk). Please clarify.

Regards

7. JJB

JJB Registered Member

Hi Tom

I will do this as soon as possible, and I will tell you something about this.

Brgds
    Jaime

8. JJB

JJB Registered Member

Hi Tom

I think that the problem is that this Server can't boot from a known bootable CD, because I can to boot with floopy disk create with Acronis (seven disks), but when finish the last disk, I can seen a screen of Acronis that say :

"Loading, please wait"

And not continue.

Brgds
    Jaime

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, let's find out whether you are able to boot the computer with CD in general. Could you please let us know the results of what Menorcaman proposed you to do (i.e. boot from the Windows Installation CD)? After that we will investigate the problem with floppies.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. hdbrown

hdbrown Registered Member

Hi Ilya:

I am having the same problem as Jaime with respect to TrueImage Rescue on floppies. Namely, the sequence of (in my case 6) floppies seems to be read OK, but after the last floppy is read, the message "Loading, please wait..." appears and the system hangs.

The system on which this occurs is an HP-Kayak XU workstation with dual processors and SCSI hard disks running the Windows 2000 (service pack 4) OS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hal

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hdbrown,

Please make sure Acronis Bootable Floppies is created with the latest build (826) of Acronis True Image. If so please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the detailed instructions)

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.