create bootable rescue media in safe modus

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Janino, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janino

Janino Registered Member

...after there were posted many times here the advise to create bootable rescue media in safe modus in order to make true image to finish writing the cd-rom i am facing a big problem
    my notebook is a dell lattitude x200 with dockingstation, the cd-rom device inside this dockingstation is linked to the notebook by firewire! in safe modus i do not have access to the cd-rom device and therefore cannot write the bootable rescue media on cd-rom but only on floppy disk!
    why can't i write first on drive c:\ and then copy this to cd-rom in normal modus?
    please help!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Janino,

I'm afraid to say that it's not possible to create the bootable rescue media to a hard drive.

If you are unable to create the boot rescue CD from within Windows normal mode then the best course of action now is to create the "report.txt" file and email it to Acronis at support@acronis.com as detailed in the Acronis Support Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.