Create a Rescue CD per OS used?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Dundertaker, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi guys;

Newbie question. If you are running XP/Vista and Windows 7 on 3 seperate hdds, do you need to create seperate recovery CD's for each of them or will the one you created with XP will also function with Vista/Windows7.

Preparing to do backups on those 3 OS and came accross the thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=280467
    It did not mention the OS question so I posted a new topic.

Before I used a different freeware which required the OS installation disc to make the BartPE boot disc. It did not have the capability to do differential backups though. Finding Paragon Backup and Restore 10.2 very good as of the moment.

Did a restore from a differential backup and found out that all my pictures and music where gone after the restore. I still have not replicated the issue but when I do I will post a new thread concerning this. This is perhaps ony a minor one..maybe wrong settings or method....still learning the program. But, I find Paragon Backup and Restore 10.2 very good as of the moment.

Thank you.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

You can use the same recovery cd for all those o/s.

It is a Linux based cd and loads into memory when you boot it. It is independent of the installed o/s.

Hope it helps.

3. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hello;

Thanks for the reply and tip. It is a great help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.