Create a new full backup after...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Johnbax, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnbax

Johnbax Registered Member

OK, this is probably a dumb question, but TI10 Help says this about creating incremental backups:

'Create incremental backups - having chosen this parameter, check the Create a new full backup after ... parameter and specify number of incremental backups, after which a new full backup will be created.'

I am no doubt being stupid, but I cannot find the parameter referred to. There's no mention of this at any stage in the creation of a new backup.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The option to specify that parameter appears only if you have chosen an already created Backup Location as the target.

Note that on the directory tree in the Task wizard, one of the items onthe tree is "Backup Locations." You have to select the target from under Backup Locations on the directory tree and not just select the directory name further down the tree but not under Backup Locations.

3. Johnbax

Johnbax Registered Member

Thanks for this. The instructions don't make this at all clear.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

They're better than they used to be ;-)

5. Harzie

Harzie Registered Member

Hi,
    Regarding this subject, I tried this way and when I checked for incremental backup, it says at the end, it will put the additional data in the same file.
    Well, actually I prefer the way, I have may basic backup-file and via "incremental backup" the program should make a second file, in my case a much smaller one , with all additional data. So I can have one disk with my basic backup and have a second multi session disk with addition incremental backups.
    Is the program capable of that? Or how can I work in this way?

Can someone give some hints about it?

Thanks.

Thorsten

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Harzie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

If the full backup was created on removable media, you can put incremental/differential backup on removable media as well by choosing the last disk of the full backup as a destination for incremental/differential one. Please see chapter "Creating backup archives" of Acronis True Image User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.