CRC File Doesnt Exsist...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by FireDancer, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hi,

I was just wondering after reading this post
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=11137

if this applays to win98se as well as it was mentioned
    it was for newbies with windows me

Regards,
    FireDancer :D :cool:

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Hi FireDancer,
    Just go ahead, you will be warned if it doesn't :D
    Dolf

3. FireDancer

Dolf,

Thanks so much for the reply I will go ahead and insert them see what happens!!!! I just love to experiment ROFL!! with the unknown :D

Best regards,

FireDancer :eek:

4. FireDancer

Dolf,

Thought you might like to know...

CRC32 Test Starting... Verifing 21 files
    Test Finished

Seemed to go well thanks for the help

Regards,
    FireDancer :eek:

5. DolfTraanberg

Ok, now it's working you can add your own files to be watched
    Dolf

6. FireDancer

Dolf,

I am really new to TDR and am still reading/learning about it. I assume that you mean I can add files to the
    CRC files I edited in on the note pad. I guess I will need to decide what files will need looking after and what doesnt. Can you suggest some reading material?

I have got my config up and running and it seems to be working smoothly but I am going to have to read more on the CRC32 files and what I can add in there
    thanks again for the help it is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    FireDancer ..... :D

7. DolfTraanberg

Maybe you want to be notified when certain configfiles have changed or your firewall or AV, just name it..
    Dolf

8. FireDancer

Dolf,

Ok I can add just about anything I want in there then and if i am correct the CRC32 looks at the files to see if they have been alterd in any way? and if they have it notifies me right? Or am I way off here? And If I am right I need the whole path name correct?

Oh and while im thinking about it I got a promt that the registry had changed and that was due to me un installing a program just prior... it says I can use CNTRL A to look at the
    registry editor and I can delete by highlighting the line and then right clicking and telling it to delete but for some reason that option dosent work... this is a trial version I am trying out to see if I like it just so you know its not full. Maybe some things arent enabled!!!! Till I pay :D

I belive in that particular editor I want to remove just the ones listed empty.. not sure tho ... I use RegCleaner and TDS doesnt see the fixxed errors from reg cleaner for some reason even after restarting TDS. Just a thought :p
    Have a good night and again thanks

Regards
    FireDancer o_O

9. DolfTraanberg

Right, you will be notified whenever you run the CRC32 Test.
    Next step is to schedule that test, which you can do with the built-in scripting possibilities...
    Dolf

10. FireDancer

Very Cool :p...

btw can you tell me why at time when I close TDS I am getting a "This Program Created A Illeagal Action and will be shut down" happened a few times.... shrugs....

FireDancer

11. DolfTraanberg

No,but Im sure someone else knows (or will find out) , but for that one you better start a new thread

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello FireDancer
    welcome here from my part too!
    Some more reading on the CRC and suggestions here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=7200

If you can locate the registry file (i ever knew the exact name, hope somebody can post it again) you can also add that to it. The registry will change with new installs and uninstalls and maybe with changing settings or adding or removing them from the autostart.
    Contr+A does the same as TDS > System analysis > Autostart Explorer, and should not be disabled.

The CRC example list shipping with TDS can be configured with your own pathnames and whatever you like to put in. I put in the radius.td3 too to make sure i can see it has been updated and if i would see a change while i know it can't be updated i would consider it a big alarm :)

Restrictions are only a few: you can't install the resident part, the exec protection, and you can run only small scripts till 5kb from the SS3 > Load Script --there are some very interesting examples there (you have to get it separate from the download site) and if you did not have them yet to get the speech elements if you want to be alerted or greeted with spoken texts
    (if your system is already fully msagents ready you will have those speech parts)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.