crazy typing...is this a trojan??

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by renolds, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renolds

renolds Registered Member

sorry for my ignorance, I'm really completely lost on this one. PcCillin found a trojan on my computer (TROJ_REVOP.A dpddr.exe) and quarantined it, but something is making everything I type go pretty much completely random. It has been getting worse, first with minor alterations to whatever I typed, then altering everything, as well as disabling my arrow keys so I can't even fix what I'm typing. I've tried a couple of scans which are now finding nothing, and in desperation I did a full recovery of my hard drive, but the problem persists.

I'm sorry, I don't even know if it is a trojan causing this, so I could be posting this in the wrong forum.

2. troffer

troffer Registered Member

I had that too! A Rogue keyboard. For me it ended up being the PEPER trojan. There is a specific tool to remove the PEPER search in the forums and you'll find it.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi renolds, and welcome.

It is hard to say what could be happening, or what has caused the strange behaviour. But to avoid guessing, could you follow the instructions over here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Then post your HijackThis log in the Hijack cleaning forum where an Expert will review it and advise you if there is any malware on your computer that needs to be removed.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.