Crawling!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by big ed, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Soo.......What ARE you doin' upstream there! :eek: :eek:

Just pick one answer and DO IT! :D

Being Helpful
    On KP in Sasquatch
    Marja:cool:

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Bit Defender slooowed my puter way down.....maybe...??

3. Hey Ed,

If you decide to try the Sysclean package and need help, just say so. The main file is 3.5mb's, latest virus pattern 7.7mb's, latest spy pattern 918.8kb's. It would also help to have full file names concerning entries from your earlier post's. ;)

Might take till next Thanksgiving if your on dial-up! :D

GF

4. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Ok now! I'm at this point of the original Gen Cean Instr. I've only gone thru the routine once. The only boogie found was "CWS.Msconfig" in CWSearch. I just did a scan. Is this valid? Should I try to remove it w/CWSearch? Should I leave home and join the Circus? I have the attention span of a 2x4 so I don't wanna jump around .... yet!

I still have those ten items quarantined in Bit Def!

Yea...but...huh, Sure ed

Ps...Why do I have the feeling that Blackenspearskin anticipated all this and re-arranged the instructions?

5. Sm0kie

Sm0kie Registered Member

hmm well go to Antivirus on BitDefender then klick Quarantine then down there there is a button "Settings" then after u clicked on Settings type Automaticlly delete sent files.... then those suspected files should be gone from Quarantine.... and also change send every 5 min...
    if u have any more problem with BitDefender just email me on: major_mr@email.com i am pretty good at it..
    Bye Good Luck...

6. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

It's probably a false positive Ed...
    http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60284
    I've been getting the quicktime false-pos, but only in version 2.18 of CWShredder, the quicktime FP should be fixed in V 2.19 and msconfig in the next version.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  7. I tend to agree with Buck on CWS.msconfig being a false positive if ....

To quote EE's War1:
    Aumha's mod Robear Dyer's second post:
    Info on the real CWS.Msconfig .... ht*tp://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html#msconfig

Sorry no advice on what's in quarantine Ed. Maybe a post over on Gladiator Security if no solid replies here.

GF

8. big ed

big ed Registered Member

I went online to Bit Def Support and they advised that it was OK to delete what was quarantined...so I did! I had already submitted the files to them!

I was in Safe Mode when I "ran" CWS w/Sys Restore off. I did not try to fix. When I rebooted normally (oik) and ran CWS ... "CWS.Msconfig did not show.

Before I go any further w/all this I'm gonna try to get some idea of where I'm at.

Appreciate the help, ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.