Crash installing Business Smart Security 4 on Vista SP2 32bit.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rluiten, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rluiten

rluiten Registered Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    I cant seem to install "ESET Smart Security Business Edition " on this Vista SP3 32bit OS. I grabbed it this morning from the trial email link I received on Friday.

The PC is up to date with patches from Microsoft.
    It happens to be a developer machine so has SQL Server Studio and Visual Studio 2005 installed as well Office 2007 and Outlook 2007.

I launch installer and it prompts me through configuration items then starts installing. I see the installer get up to the "installing drivers" bit and then I see a window open/close very quickly in top left corner and then very soon after the machine hard crashes to a black screen. Two black screens as it is a dual screen machine.
    Can only restart by forcing a power down.
    From now on the machine crashes on boot before it reaches the logon screen.

I have booted safe mode and snooped event logs and could not identify anything that appeared to be specificall ESET or related to ESET.

I have booted safe mode and disabled the two eset services I can find in services then rebooted the vista machine still crashes on boot.

I found the uninstall tool on ESET knowledge base and run in safe mode that lets the machine boot ok.

Just for good measure i tried the installer again after a clean boot but it crashes the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas ?
    I have sent an email to ESET support allready btw.

Thanks for any suggestions,
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Jun 26, 2008
    San Diego, CA USA
    Hello rluiten,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.