Crash installing Business Smart Security 4 on Vista SP2 32bit.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rluiten, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rluiten

rluiten Registered Member

I cant seem to install "ESET Smart Security Business Edition " on this Vista SP3 32bit OS. I grabbed it this morning from the trial email link I received on Friday.

The PC is up to date with patches from Microsoft.
    It happens to be a developer machine so has SQL Server Studio and Visual Studio 2005 installed as well Office 2007 and Outlook 2007.

I launch installer and it prompts me through configuration items then starts installing. I see the installer get up to the "installing drivers" bit and then I see a window open/close very quickly in top left corner and then very soon after the machine hard crashes to a black screen. Two black screens as it is a dual screen machine.
    Can only restart by forcing a power down.
    From now on the machine crashes on boot before it reaches the logon screen.

I have booted safe mode and snooped event logs and could not identify anything that appeared to be specificall ESET or related to ESET.

I have booted safe mode and disabled the two eset services I can find in services then rebooted the vista machine still crashes on boot.

I found the uninstall tool on ESET knowledge base and run in safe mode that lets the machine boot ok.

Just for good measure i tried the installer again after a clean boot but it crashes the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas ?
    I have sent an email to ESET support allready btw.

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Rob.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello rluiten,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.