Crash Dump ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hello - my few month old pc just experienced a crash dump. Probable cause -a couple nights ago the pc got hit with some kind of collection of viruses & trojans - I wasn't even using it when all this occurred. So - took me about 10 hours to rid the pc of all the junk that hit it - A crash dump incident did occur when I was debugging the pc. But once finished the pc seemed OK & several scans using various A/V programs all showed no more infections. So the pc was working fine this morning & bam - got a crash dump again - here is the log from "Who Crashed"

Analysis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 1/21/2010 8:01:43 PM your computer crashed
    This was likely caused by the following module: hidusb.sys
    Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0x81F2300C)
    Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini012110-01.dmp
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\hidusb.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: USB Miniport Driver for Input Devices
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conclusion

1 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok - I'm back. I really don't know what all this means - if it means something to someone out there - could you let me know what I may do so this stops happening. Thanks so much! D:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.