Crap! What did I do? Help pls???

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jula9600, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

Apparently the first time I used the toolkit (Trend Micro) to uninstall hijack this prior to installing NOD32, I must have done something wrong because their is a folder in my downloads named "64bit" - The same as the toolkit with the sictool and a buch of other .exe files, manifest file, .dll files, configuration files, etc. I noticed this earlier today and didn't remember it being there but it was brought to my knowledge that one of the files was a Trend Micro and to download the toolkit to remove it, which I had already done but figured I'd do it again.
    When I downloaded it (again) and saw the name "64bit" (the uninstall toolkit) next to the unfamiliar folder named "64bit" it hit me that it had somehow extracted in my downloads folder. But the toolkit properties size is only 4MB
    yet the folder is over 11MB.
    I realize that this is unrelated to ESET but although I believe I can just delete the whole folder, I am unfamiliar with .dll and MANIFEST files and don't want to damage my computer in any way.

Does anyone else have any idea what I should do with this folder?
    (By the way, in case you were wondering, no the toolkit did not remove the toolkit folder though I tried---Wishful Thinking)

Hopefully, it's as easy as Recycle --> Empty Recycling Bin!!
    Thanks!!

Julie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.