Cpu and mobo temperature

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ReverseGear, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Since last few days the temperature of my cpu and mobo have risen above 60 degrees
    previously the mobo and cpu would hover around 50 degrees but im not able to find a reason as to why the temperatures have suddenly become so high

is there any way to diagnose this myself or i need to show this to an expert ?

Attached Files:

• cpu.jpg
      cpu.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
  2. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Maybe is time to clean your computer cooler and apply some thermal-paste...

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I'd be looking at dust inside your PC cabinet. To be honest, I'm a little surprised your PC runs that hot since the weather indications of your city do not seem to support such temperatures.

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Its all clean..all the fans and interior all are free of dust
    and i just bought thermal paste today and have applied it and the temperatures have dropped by ~10 degrees

yes firecat thats what m thinking..at present the temperatures are normal and the temperatures are gonna rise now as summer comes
    looks like il have to buy a bigass fan or a water coolant in the next month !

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I'm really not a big fan of liquid cooling because it just scares me to think about what's gonna happen if the liquid leaks one day!

I think a good fan will do fine in your case.

6. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Also big and heavy "fancy" collers without proper support manytimes screw the mobos by bending them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.