Court: Wife broke law with spyware

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I don't see why if gov branches can do it- she can't!

I'm calling Hilary!!!

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

gov branches do ito_O They use spyware to monitor our every move?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

The Government do a lot of things which would be seen as wrong if done by citizens. Just how the system works.

Jimbob

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

They should punish those people responsible for creating spyware programs and teach the huge majority of newbie computer users about what spyware is. Those people infected by spyware better clean up their computers of all the crap.
    If the government wants to spy on us, fine, let them do what they want, since they're the GOVERNMENT. Protesting against the goverment's spyware-like actions is going to get nowhere.

6. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

But you can assume that the Government will not use your bog standard spyware.

Jimbob

7. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

Nadirah while I do agree with you to some extent that the makers o spyware should be punnished I also disagree. people who produce spyware in sole aim for it to be installed without your knowledge when you go on a website should be punnish of course. But spyware that you get in some freeware software e.g. kazaa, bear share is a different matter in my views. Usualy it tells you in the liscence in some way that you will be installing spyware. If people botherd to read the end user liscence they would be aware of it, it sualy tells you in most. While there are programmers who produce software off there own backs with the intention of not making a profit e.g. the people at Javacool software, there ar people who do it with the intention of making money back. Using spyware in those cases is justified as long as you are informed of it. So people who produce spyware to install silently for what ever purpose should be punnished.

I am not sayin I am in favopur of spyware, like amny of you I am against it. I can just see why some people may feel its approprite to include it in software.

As for teaching people about spyware thats all very well but there will still be a huge majority who will take no notice whats so ever of what you say. Look at the case of viruses, they appear on the news from time to time when there are especialy bad ones around ther appear on the welcome screen of aol when you log on. Yet still there are many people who do not even bother to have a virus scanner. Yet how long have viruses been around for, they have appeared on tv, in papers etc numerous times over the years.

I am probobly wrong with what I am saying here but it is just my opinion.

Michael.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.