Couple of XeroBank questions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by LoneWolf, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Just started looking into this and it looks like adding the XBbrowser should add to ones security.
    I currently use whats in my sig plus fire up KeyScrambler for online banking and shopping, also I have AdMuncher and various scanners.
    Would my current setup work with xbBrowser?
    Would Defensewall be able to run XBbrowser as untrusted and everything work correctly?
    Can XBbrowser run in shadowmode? (ShadowDefender)
    Just debating if XeroBank is right for me.
    Trying to get a grasp on the whole anonymity thing.

2. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

I will let others respond but I will give my opinion, LoneWolf. The beauty of XeroBank's setup (one of many) is that it is based on OpenVPN. I personally run only OpenVPN software (using my XeroBank-provided certificates and keys), and connect with the native OpenVPN software. Once that is configured properly, all internet traffic (and that from your own preferred apps) is anonymized... I use my own browser, email program, newsreader, BitTorrent client, etc. Even the DNS queries are handled. So... as long as that OpenVPN tunnel to XeroBank's servers is up, you are protected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.