Country of Origin and 124503 recurring nitemare/nuisance

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Iceman41, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceman41

Iceman41 Guest

124503 recurring nitemare

I am getting a recurring "124503" popping up in several places. This is a .dlr and a .exe etc. What can I do about this? I am a novice to this so please be gentle. Thanks!

2. Iceman41

Iceman41 Guest

Country of Origin nuisance

I have a recurring problem with "Country of Origin" boxes popping up that do not easily go away. Please Help!

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Re: Country of Origin nuisance

I am not sure that I know exactly what you are talking about. Could you explain in a bit more detail? Even better, you could register and then you could post a screen shot of the box you say is popping up.....

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Re: 124503 recurring nitemare

Giant seems to have info on 124503. I don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Giant

5. Iceman41

Iceman41 Guest

Thank You!

A box keeps popping up that looks like a typical small window with a drop down box. It says "Country of Origin". To get rid of it I have to CTRL ALT DELETE and end task. Thanks for your help!

6. puff-m-d

When you do the 3 fingered salute (C>A>D), what is the name of the task you are ending?

7. Iceman41

Iceman41 Guest

Country of Origin

Thanks

8. puff-m-d

Hve you tried running a free program like Ad Aware or SpyBot search and Destroy to see if it will get rid of it for you?

9. Iceman41

Iceman41 Guest

I have tried spybot S&D and AOL spyware protection.

10. puff-m-d

First of all, I have merged your two threads together since the problems are more than likely related and moved them to the other security issues.

Then in post # 4 by ronjor, you might want to trial Giant anti-spyware and see if it will solve your problem.

If it does not, then more than likely, you have been hijacked, so you would need to post a HijackThis log.

I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. However, you will find a link in the Announcement Post to several other sites that still do provide HijackThis log analysis service.

You may also click on the ASAP in my signature and it will take you to the ASAP page that lists sites that accept HijackThis log submissions.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your HijackThis log.

Good luck and post back to let us know how you came out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.