Counterspy & ZA Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Gren, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Anyone using these two together?

Using CS with ZA free at the moment. Apart from the AV versions of ZA its the only one available to Vista users. I'm new to CS (and very impressed) but notice it does similar things that ZA Pro used to do - essentially warn you if a new program is run.

Can I or even should I use CS and ZA Pro (when it comes out for Vista) together? There aren't too many other firewall options at the moment as Comodo and Esets suite are far from ready.

I'm also running NOD32 and Spywareblaster if that makes a difference. Prevx2 is also currently running on my PC but will probably come off in 14 days - when the trial runs out. Picked up a test file I downloaded but was also caught by NOD. Don't think it's worth paying for when I have NOD and CS.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

No ZAP doesn't do that! ZAP will tell you if a new program is attempting to carry out a suspicious act for which it does not have prior approval (in the program control section) - this is the Opereating System FW. Then there is component control which will warn you if a new .dll etc is attempting access the internet by loading into your browser.

But ZAP will not warn you of a mere startup of a new program on your system, however CS does do that (if the new prog is unrecognised by its database) and that is a feature that offers very worthwhile additional protection.
    I don't know anything about Vista, but in general you should be able to run the protection of both ZAP and CS together - you would need to try it and see how it goes on your system.
    There would be a lot of overlap between ZAP, CS and Prevx if you ran all 3 together, so you probably wouldn't want to do that.

3. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Thanks Topper!

Sounds like just the response I was hoping for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.