Counterspy very limited $9.95 offer per year

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GES/POR, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Yeah I got the email. I almost sent a reply asking if I get a refund for the several months CounterSpy had bugs and/or was unuseable.

3. Doc Serenity

Doc Serenity Registered Member

I tried it a week ago and had to remove it.
    Drove me crazy with the bugs.
    On the positive side, they did respond to my email about my problems and stated that they were aware of the problems and were working on them.
    Doc

4. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

Doc Serenity:

Out of curiosity, what version of CounterSpy did you try? 2.1.946 or 2.5.1027? What bugs did you encounter?

Thanks,

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

5. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I'm trying it out on my girlfriends laptop, and when I shut down the computer a popup comes up and prevents shutdown unless I press ok to it, it says something like "memory something yadada" I will get back to it and be more specific next time, but I'm sure counterspy is causing this, it has never happened before.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I use Counterspy 2.1 without problems. But I buy all my security products (Av included) with ONE year licences only as you never know what might happen from version to version or year to year. So I don't care how cheap multi-year licences become.

7. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

disinter1:

Yes, please do provide me with the complete text of the error message. Also, it would be helpful to know:

1) version & patch level of Windows
    2) what other anti-malware programs are running on the PC
    3) what version of CounterSpy is installed

Thanks,

Eric L. Howes

8. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

How does CounterSpy compare with SAS Pro.Is it in the same class.
    Badcompany.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Never ran the Pro but Counterspy seems to run lighter than the free version on my computer so I bought it. Plus a friend of mine who is an IT guy recommended it.

10. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I would say they are in the same class, SAS Pro is surely the all around winner for me, light and great detection, no problems on my computer.:D To my surprise Counterspy has fixed the "heavy" issue, it runs like a feather now, now if they can iron out the minor but annoying issues left, it'll be great. I do love the options that counterspy have though, to turn off starting programs like adobe, musicmatch and other crap not needed to run at startup of your computer, but it needs the option to turn them back on if needed, I hope counterspy fixes that. And I will get back on that error pop up I got, until then.

11. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Hmm, the error doesn't come out anymore, but to give you a little info on her setup with other security, it was with antivir PE, comodo firewall, if It happens again I'll let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.