Counterspy active protection problem at startup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Niels, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niels

Niels Registered Member

I use Counterspy v2.1.917 Definition version: 514
    I am using Windows Xp Home edition with service pack 2 installed.
    Most times when I reboot or boot my pc the active protection is disabled. So I must manually re-enable it. I also took a look at my services. The Sunbelt service is started and the startuptype is on automatically. My question is what could cause this? A conflict with one of my other security programs?
    Here is the list of other installed security programs:
    BitDefender Antivirus Plus v10 build 247
    WinPatrol
    The Cleaner Professional (but not running in realtime mode)
    Xsoftspy se (also without operating in realtime mode)

Thanks in advance
    Niels

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I have this problem also,and I spoke with Sunbelt about it, they said they are aware of this,and it will be fixed in the next update ;)

3. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your very quick reply. I really appreciated it. Glad to hear that they will fix it. First I thought that maybe the service wasn't started. So I took a look and it was running.

Hello L. Howes
    Must I download it from the link you gave? Or can I receive it also via automatic updates?
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

Niels

5. MikeDidIt

MikeDidIt Registered Member

<MinorRant> Here is is March 24 and I still haven't received a download via CounterSpy automatic update. I also don't get the update when I manually invoke an update. I am so not impressed with CounterSpy these days. I guess I am spoiled by products like NOD32 and ZoneAlarm that just seem to work as expected. I've never had either of those products just quit working like CounterSpy does. It sure diminishes my sense of security. I really don't like clicking manual links in this thread but in this case I am going to. Hopefully CounterSpy will quit coming up with active protection disabled then. </MinorRant>
    p.s. Thanks for the link. At least someone is looking out for us :)

6. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

Mike:

If you're using any other build than build 946, the latest build available, then you should upgrade ASAP:

http://go.sunbelt-software.com/?linkid=410

Build 946 includes a number of fixes for AP and service problems. Build 946 will be made available sometime this coming week via auto-updates, but if you're having problems I would recommend doing the manual download and install now.

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

7. MikeDidIt

MikeDidIt Registered Member

Thanks Eric. I already did it. So far so good ... after the reboot CounterSpy came up with Active Protection enabled.
    Mike

8. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hi Eric

Why does Counterspy always says : most recent software installed ok if you using an older built?

Thanks in advance
    Niels

9. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

Niels:

You received that message because nothing newer was on the auto-update server. Build 946 is becoming available on the auto-update server this week.

You will also receive that message when you already have the latest definitions.

Best,

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

10. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear Eric

Thanks a lot for your clarification. I really appreciated it. I thought always that the customers who already bought Counterspy would first receive a new built. But I was wrong.

Regards
    Niels

11. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

Niels:

We roll out new builds via auto-updates in stages, starting with existing CSC users with the oldest builds to the newest builds. Thus, remaining 1.0.29 and 1.5 users got first crack at build 946, since they hadn't yet upgraded to any build of 2.1. That was last week.

This week we turned on the 946 update for existing 2.1 users.

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.