CounterSpy 1.5.77

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rdsu, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dasher62

Dasher62 Registered Member

Bubba: I'm a rookie when it comes to this stuff. I'm trying to learn as I go and glad I discovered these forums. As to your question, I don't add sites manually to my Restricted Zone (I wouldn't know how even if I wanted to) and I don't think I do via a program unless programs I use on my computer do so without my knowing. I guess I need to read a FAQ on Domain sites, and trusted and restricted zones.
    I was just trying to contribute and pass on the fix that Sun gave me that seemed to work. You guys definitlely know more about this than me thanks for your input

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Has there been any information on whether they are fixing the memory usage on this counterspy built?

dja2k

3. here4aday

here4aday Guest

Nothing official yet...

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Oh well still decided to give it a try. As usual, found messenger plus as flagged adware even though I didn't install it with the sponsored software. Also found some wierd (THE PRAYER RAT) which is supposetly a trojan type software.

dja2k

5. here4aday

here4aday Guest

I got disgusted enough waiting for some response after 3 weeks that I bought a license to one of therebiggest competitors. Its running smoothly and the 10 dollar off coupon brought the cost down to Counterspy's list price.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Now that it's been updated to 1.5.81 is the program running any better than 1.5.77?

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Much better :)

Now when we disable the active protection, the service files doesn't start automatically when we have the CS closed... :)
    Some bugs was fixed...

8. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

How is the memory usage now? Lower?

dja2k

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

About the same... :(

I think that this will be improved, but since I only use CS for on-demand...

10. SecurityFan

SecurityFan Registered Member

CounterSpy 1.5??

How is CounterSpy now? Has it gotten any better?

I have the old 1.0 version and use it only for on-demand scans. I never went to the new release because of all the resource problems I heard about -- for examples of what I mean, just look at the previous posts in this thread.

If the new version has finally been improved, maybe I'll install it since I did pay $20 for this thing. Any updated info would be appreciated. Thanks!

11. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Re: CounterSpy 1.5??

SecurityFan,

CounterSpy still have the same problem about resources since my last post... :(

I only use it for on-demand, and I don't know if I will renew my license...

Regards

12. mant

mant Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  13. Oldfrog

Oldfrog Registered Member

CS 1.5 was a bit of a disappointment to a lot of us, especially the beta testers. Happily, Sunbelt quickly realized this as well which is why there have not been more incremental updates in the 1.5 series.

I have been working with 2.0 since it first went into beta and am much more impressed with it across the board. My advice is that if you have a license for 1.5 that you at least hang on long enough to see 2.0. If your license is expired or expiring then hold what you've got and check out 2.0 as a trial version.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

personally, I think 2.0 is getting worse, not better.:mad:

15. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi,
    I have been using 2.0 for a couple of weeks, and I think it is much better. It uses a lot less memory, and that was one of my two complaints; the other the slow updates.
    I have an impression it does not take so long to download the updates, but have not really checked it.

In what ways is it getting worse in your view?

Regards,
    Jerry

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  16. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

beta one crashed me! o_O

17. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

trjam & maddawgz:

If you're having problems with the 2.0 beta, please make sure that you're posting detailed problem reports in the CounterSpy 2.0 beta forums so that our QA department can pick up those reports and get them to the developers for fixing. If you already have done just that, then great.

Thanks,

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

18. Oldfrog

Oldfrog Registered Member

What part of a beta version crashing seems unusual? That is, after all, why they wear the beta label.

19. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

ok lemme try and remmeber cuz i did panic a little and removed it.. I think on a scan then reboot it found some files like looked important then i got a blue screen with writing saying remove recent hardware or something....:ninja: I think it was a qauratine thing or trying to remove files...MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.