counter spy & memory

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mamarock, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamarock

mamarock Registered Member

Hi,
    I got counter spy 1.5, how to disable counter spy in startup? I tried but i can't find any option.CS takes pc memory 'bout 60mb with its processes. Is it normally?another question: whenever i run any program like notepad etc. cs starts. how to disable it?

2. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

mamarock:

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to run CounterSpy as an on-demand scanner only. If that's the case, then do the following:

1. Turn off Active Protections

In the main CS app, go View >> Settings >> Active Protection, then uncheck the box titled "Enable real time spyware protection."

2. Shut down CounterSpy

Right-click on the CS tray icon, and select "Shut down CounterSpy."

3. Edit your auto-start entries

On your Start menu, go Start >> Run, then type MSCONFIG in the box and hit the OK button. The System Configuration Utility should open.

Navigate to the "Startup" tab and uncheck the box for "sunserver." Click "Apply," then "OK" to save your changes, and reboot your PC.

At this point CounterSpy should not start up automatically.

One final bit of advice, make sure that you have the latest build of CS 1.5, which is 1.5.82. If you're using an earlier version (check the Help >> About box) then visit http://www.sunbelt-softare.com/ and download the latest version.

Best,

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

3. mamarock

mamarock Registered Member

Thanks but cs continues to run in startup. In truth, cs is inactive, but it continues to run when windows is starting up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.