could you help please

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cpt1973, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpt1973

cpt1973 Registered Member

i am useing nod32 2.7 and outpost firewall pro. is this ok or should i be useing something els?
    and how good is window washer does it really do what it say?
    many thanks

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I don't mean to sound rude, just spend 10 minutes reading the threads in the current firewall forum, and in the anti-virus section (and anti-malware), and you'll have your answer.

10 minutes! :) You might enjoy the read.

And Nod (ESET) have their own forum here, with plenty of 'satisfied' people using it.

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Check your PM.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Just to note that you're using NOD32 v2.7. The latest stable version is v3.0.684 which has proven to be golden. If you're using Outpost and you like and can understand it, it should be fine. I am using OnlineArmor for it's ease of use. A new version will be coming out any day now. You might want an anti-malware app like SuperAntispyware real time, and Malwarebytes antimalware free for on demand scanning. That set up should be adequate. :)

5. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I offer these suggestions for the best combination of security and ease-of-use for both firewall and AV:

Free products:
    - Online Armor Free
    - Avira Free

Paid products:
    - Online Armor paid version
    - Avira Antivir Premium

Don't just 'buy something'. Trial first - buy it only if you're satisfied with the product.

Regularly monitor the forums for both Online Armor and Avira to benefit from the problems and solutions of other users of these products - educating yourself in the process.

Window Washer is a Webroot product that I haven't trialed, but Webroot enjoys an excellent reputation. Trial it - buy it only if you're satisfied with trial performance.

Hope this helps!

6. cpt1973

cpt1973 Registered Member

many thanks to for all of your help>>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.