Could this be clarified?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I just tried and tried to send a PM here. I had just replied to one sent to me with no problem. Then I tried to send one to another person. I couldn't preview or send. Nothing happened when I clicked on the buttons. This was on FF. So, I tried IE. On IE, when clicking on "send", I got a a warning that I didn't have the correct level of privilege to send the message or I wasn't logged in. I was logged in. So, I scratched my head and tried Mozilla browser. Finally, I noticed that I had forgotten to put a title in for the PM. I put in a title and that fixed the sending/preview problem.

I think for those who don't send a lot of PMs here that having a popup or some kind of error message when you have forgotten to put in a title to a PM would be helpful. I don't know if you can do this since this VBulletin software doesn't give tons of options but if you can, it might save others the puzzlement I had. (At my home site, we don't use titles for PMs so I didn't remember that this site does).

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

There is a javascript based alert window if there is no subject line entered. See image. Perhaps you don't have javascript enabled.

Attached Files:

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Here's the same message from Firefox...

Attached Files:

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thank you. I have java script enabled for all browsers. So, that made me think of the headache I've had all day over Proxomitron. It's the particular Proxo filter set I use that keeps me from seeing the popup. If I bypass Proxo or use a different filter set from JD5000, I see the popup. Two of his three filter sets are giving me fits. The one that works is too basic. He can't reproduce the problems and I spent all afternoon trying to track down which filter is causing a weird problem in Opera and IE but not FF or Moz at dslreports. Now this problem. Grrr....

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have the same/similar Javascript problems, there is a running thread here. I have just about narrowed it to Proxomitron as well, in a little while I will know for sure, but that's as far as I can take it mith my knowledge. And once broken, it can not be repaired, not that I can find so far. Imaging is great in that I can roll back to a previous image, but to date that's as far as things go...

Cheers :D

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I have seen a similar loss of some functionality when posting with Opera (7.54u2 and the 7.8 betas) and Proxo with the JD5000 "Extra" filters. Happens about 3-4 times a week. Normally I turn the proxy off (via Opera's Tools/Quick preferences menu) when I decide to post. Generally no problems doing so, but occasionally the functionality is not there. Everything works as it should again after clearing the contents of \profile\cache4. I do it manually using Eraser.

Nick

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Opera will not give me the iframe thread above the post box at dslr if I use JD's alpha extra or advanced sets. If I use the basic set I see the iframe thread.

IE is utterly weird on this. On IE, it appears that the filters for the Firefox ad have something to do with it. Using JD's alpha extra set, on DIAL UP I see the full Firefox ad and the iframe thread above the reply box. On CABLE MODEM, using the same filter set, I see no Firefox ad at all and no iframe thread.

Using JD's basic alpha set, on DIAL UP on IE, the full ad is shown and I see the iframe thread above the reply box. On CABLE MODEM, the ad is partially shown (text only) and I see the iframe thread above.

Opera doesn't fully filter the Firefox ad. It shows the text part of the ad in both the basic alpha and extra alpha filter sets on both dial up and cable modem. Opera is not affected by whether or not I am on dial up or cable modem when it comes to showing or not showing me the iframe thread above the reply box. Opera is affected only by which filter set I choose.

It is very strange. And then to come here and find that Proxo is interfering with Java script...ugh and double ugh. JD gets the iframe thread in Opera, IE and Firefox on cable on ALL his filter sets. I don't know if he has dial up to try. I don't know if we have the same OS though. These problems for me are on XP Pro Sp1a.

8. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

anyone tried sidki's filterset yet?
    support for Proxo @ www.kye-u.com
    browse on towards Forums

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Heck. Blackspear, I just found out I have almost the same problem you have with the message box here. I can't change the font, size, color, bold ...nothing except I can add smilies from the table. That's with Proxo on. If I bypass Proxo then I can do all those things. This is a weird problem. Proxo didn't always have a java script problem here. I just went to another site with Proxo on and java script worked fine. Proxo used not to have a problem with showing the iframe thread at dslr either. I've been using JD's alpha sets for almost a year now and all these problems weren't there until recently.

Edited to say this problem is with JD's alpha extra and alpha advanced sets. The alpha basic set gives me the java script box so all tools work properly using it. I'm too tired to try and figure out which filter is causing the problem.

10. Blackspear

Well Mele, if you find a solution let me know. I need to find a Javascript forum with a few guru's in it, as the issue is way beyond me :D I really like Proxo and would like to see this resolved.

11. Blackspear

I have started a thread Castlecops in their Proxomitron General Forum and linked it back to this thread at Wilders.

12. tnt-mechanics

tnt-mechanics Registered Member

~snipped url - TOS violation.

Please do not post links to wares sites - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.