Could I preserve "extrasettings" when I do update? URGENT!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by FoxesHunter, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxesHunter

FoxesHunter Registered Member

Hi, everytime I do an update with a newer version of NOD32 I have always to configure it again with extrasettings. Could I preserve that configuration so that I have not lost my time?

I am using NOD32 v.2.7 without problems (I have WinXP Pro), in your opinion is it better the NOD 32 v.3?

thanks

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

If you upgrade from 2.x to 3.x i'm sure you have to manually adjust some of the settings since it's a new version where some of the options is different/changed a bit. Since i uninstalled 2.7 before i installed 3.0 i never really tried this upgrade so cannot say for sure. If you upgrade from a 3.0 version to a newer 3.0 version the settings should be preserved though. Version 3.0 also have the options to export the settings so then you can easily transfer the settings to another computer without having to do this manually more then once using 3.0. Version 2.7 does not have the option to export the settings using the GUI, but can be easily done using regedit. So in case you want to try 3.0 and choose to go back to 2.7 it should be easy if you export the settings from registry first while 2.7 is installed.

I found version 2.7 to be better for a long time because of bugs in 3.0, but i think the latest 3.0 version is pretty stable and find it to be just as good as 2.7 now. So it's hard to tell since both work without any issues on my computer. The chances of finding bugs in 3.0 is more likely i guess since it's newer so maybe 2.7 is safer in that matter. I assume 3.0 is enhanced in certain areas and will be further enhanced while 2.7 will probably not be developed any further even if still supported. I been using 3.0 for some weeks now without any issues and cannot see any reason why i should go back to 2.7.

Gan

Last edited: May 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.