Costant "I/O device error"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jedinight2002, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedinight2002

jedinight2002 Registered Member

I am using True Image 9 build 2302.

I have plugged in my image. The image is from a 500GB RAID 0 array and is about 45GB in size.

When I try to copy files and folders from the image i am successful for the first few files and folders, but then i receive the error message "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error". From this point on I cannot transfer and more files unless I unplug the image and re-plug it back in again.
    Once I have re-plugged the image back in, i can then transfer the same files that are causing the error (so it is not related to corrupt media) but only a few, I then get same error message, have to re-plug in and the slow, tedious, cycle continues. It sounds to me like a driver issue?

Has anyone has similar problems? Can anyone help?
    And if Acronis support reply to this post PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE YOUR GENERIC RESPONSE ABOUT UPDATING TO LATEST VERSION AND RE-INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE BECAUSE IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU TRY TO FOB CUSTOMERS OFF LIKE THAT.

Thank you.

2. backman

backman Registered Member

I'm not sure why that would be frustrating. Each new build contains fixes for known problems (or at least attempts) and since you are two versions behind, why would you not want to try the latest? Seems like the logical first step.

Terry

3. jedinight2002

Sorry, that was a typo. I am using version 2337.

The reason it is frustrating is that the mods always seem to paste generic responses to every new post, and often clearly dont read what has been posted. This is typical of product support forums and is obviously due to them trying to respond to more posts than they can handle; in which case they need to hire more staff.

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I would thoroughly check your drives for errors. Sometimes an error message is not generated until a certain number of retries has occurred. This might explain why things seem OK for a while and then the error pops up. Check the Event Viewer as well.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jedinight2002,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error. Please also create a screen shots of your every step and of the error message.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected screen shots to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. jedinight2002

1) Plug in backed-up image.
    2) Copy files from image to HDD using Windows Explorer.
    3) Receive error message.
    4) From this point forward i cannot copy any more files from the image, no matter how small, without having to unmount and mount the image again. This is a 45GB IMAGE!!!!! I cannot do this for the entire backup fileo_O?? :thumbd::blink::'(:doubt::(o_O:mad:

Attached Files:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jedinight2002,

Thank you very much for all the provided information.

Please be aware that build 2302 of Acronis True Image 9.0 is an older one and so the first thing you should try is to download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall build 2302 by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing build 2337.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Where do you store this particular image archive?

- Verify this image by means of the embedded Check Archive tool and inform us about the result;

Please also run "regedit" command and let us know the data lines of the below registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.