Cosmetic: partially hidden buttons when publisher is longer in "Outbound traffic"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by marmk, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmk

marmk Registered Member

Today "Outbound traffic" dialog appeared and as I discovered, when is Publisher name very long, it is devided to 2 rows and then Allow/Deny buttons became partially hidden - this dialog can't be resized, so user can't change this manually.

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Indeed, the alert windows are horrible. Attractive, yes, but desperately in need of some "FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION" treatment. For example, sometimes the .EXE name isn't discernible because it gets cut off. In these cases, there isn't even a tooltip to tell you what the path is:

cap-001.png

This isn't just a cosmetic issue; it is a functionality issue (maybe even a security issue, since if you can't determine the .EXE...). Does Eset read this forum, or do I need to appeal to a higher power somewhere?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I for one do not have this problem. Apparently the font size in the advanced options section is bigger for some reason which renders the text and textboxes truncated.

4. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I for one do have this problem so...I'm...out of luck?

It seems that even with a smaller font, a sufficiently-long path would reproduce the same problem.

5. crummock

crummock Registered Member

I also have this isuse on 3 PC's so I guess I'm also unlucky and Marcos must have a different version of ESS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.