Corrupted yet not corrupted?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mute, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mute

mute Registered Member

I have a true image backup of a drive that needs files recovered. So i started off by trying to mount the drive in windows. It errored saying it couldnt because the image did not contain any partitions? So i then tried to recover the image to a harddrive, and it errored saying the image file is corrupted. Yet when i do a validation, it says the task completed Successfully, does not say it is corrupted or anything? Ideas?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

f it says can't mount because no partitions, then it probably is the result of it being a file backup and a partition/disk backup.

The inability to restore could be prob with the program on the BootCd or its drivers.

3. mute

mute Registered Member

ok well i was trying this all within windows

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mute,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the application logs of operations:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please create screenshots of all steps of the Restore Wizard up to the error message.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. hyp3ri0n

hyp3ri0n Registered Member

I have a lot of strange problems with Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0.
    I made a HDD image (2 partitions) using the snap deploy boot disk. I put the image on my brand new server (Core 2 duo 6750, 4 Gb Ram, Sata 2 RAID 5, win 2003 enterprise server SP2, etc.) Then i tested the image on my server and the console says "image corrupted e00070020". I think this is by far the stupidest error, because i put the image on my flash disk, and tested it on another server with snap deploy (Also win 2003 server but R2) and it says that it's ok. I tested it again on a computer with win Xp it's ok!!!!!!!!!! I teste the flash again on the first server it says corrupted. On all 3 computers i installed exactly the same version of acronis Snap deploy. If i try to deploy the image using the first server, it crushes at about 47%. On the other 2 it works just fine. I have no memory problems, no Hdd problems whatsoever... So it's not hardware related. DOES ACRONIS SNAP DEPLOY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 2003 SP2o_Oo_Oo_O??

6. Acronis Support

Hello hyp3ri0n,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this forum branch is intended for Acronis True Image series. Please use this forum branch for questions regarding Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0.

Please notice that it is possible that the archive is being declared corrupt because of faulty data transfers. Please run a memory diagnostics such a Memtest86+ available free from www.memtest.org for a several hours. There should be no errors reported. Please also run Windows chkdsk utility with parameter "/r" on the hard drive the archive is stored at.
    If there are no errors with memory/hard drive reported, please try copying/moving the archive to another location, and validating it again. Please also try using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media to validate the archive.

Please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. technot

technot Registered Member

Did this question ever get answered after MUTE said that he was trying all this inside Windows? This is the same problem I am having, and running it inside windows too. The backup validates but during recovery, the error is that the image is corrupted.

8. Acronis Support

Hello technot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Since mute was forwarded to our Support Team it's not possible to find that answer he received until he will provide me with his request number.

I can suggest you to collect Acronis Log, Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected reports and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.